Video Strategy & Video Branding
To encourage customers to use its expertise as recruitment consultants, Randstad UK invested in an online video series called ‘How I Became’.
If the series was to be a success, it needed to have more of a strategic understanding of how to produce and publish video. Like many businesses, too many videos were created by different divisions and uploaded to YouTube in an unstructured way.
Randstad needed a video strategy in order to discover how to use video as a communication tool. This would allow it to differentiate itself from its competitors in the way it used video to engage with clients, candidates and consultants.
The approach followed three stages:
Stage 1: Discovery – to allow us to understand Randstad UK as a business and to evaluate how it, and its competitors, were using video.
Stage 2: Analysis – in which our observations about what we had discovered were turned into opportunities.
Stage 3: Roadmap – detailed and specific recommendations on how video should be used by the business. Once approved by the project sponsors, Randstad was then in position to implement the approaches and tactics proposed.
Discovery, Analysis and Roadmap took place over 10 weeks.
This approach is now replaced by Create, Activate and Migrate.
In partnership with MWP Digital Media, we:
- Defined and drafted video publishing principles and guidelines – so that anyone involved with the production of Randstad videos has a defined terms of reference
- Via post-production, we applied the appropriate guidelines to existing video content so that there was best practice, ‘branded’ content available
- Produced guidelines and tips for the creation of user-generated content produced in-house
- Delivered training so that creative staff could apply some of the digital branding guidelines themselves
- Supported Randstad with the implementation of a video content plan based on the 12 content categories proposed in the Roadmap.
Randstad was able to use our knowledge and understanding of video in both a strategic and hands-on way.
Randstad has a strategic Roadmap as well as a set of supporting guidelines and reference content. With this it is able to contract external suppliers in the knowledge that what they produce with be on brand and part of a measurable content production plan.
Investment in video is made on the basis of a better understanding of its ability to improve communication with the target audience and make them take action.
The approach use for Randstad is now replaced by Create, Activate and Migrate.