Video Content Marketing Strategy: Keep Your Boots On!
Keep Your Boots On! (KYBO!) is an England Rugby initiative that aims to attract, recruit and train players who are interested in becoming a rugby coach or referee.
With England hosting the 2015 Rugby World Cup, the challenge was to raise awareness of KYBO! and the benefits of becoming a coach or referee. This in turn would help England Rugby to recruit an additional 20,000 coaches by 2017 and an additional 7,500 referees by 2020.
The first step was to design an Awareness Strategy. This meant:
- Analysing the audience as well as the research provided by the RFU
- Running a workshop with the project sponsors and relevant experts
- Evaluating the possible communications channels.
This provided a blueprint for the management of the project and clarity around:
- KYBO! brand identity and tone of voice
- Themes and messages to communicate with players
- How best to connect with the grassroots community.
From this we could agree the categories of content to create and the channels to publish across.
A campaign brand name called Keep Your Boots On! (KYBO!) with video, email, Twitter and Facebook as the awareness channels.
Communication that is built around a publishing calendar of monthly/daily rugby events as well as regular news items from the RFU project sponsors.
- www.keepyourbootson.co.uk – a website with useful helpful information on how to KYBO!
- eMail Tips on how to get started as rugby coach or referee
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/KYBOEngland) and Twitter (@KYBOEngland) channels
- A library of 80 + videos for YouTube (KYBOEngland), the website and Facebook
- A KYBO! Promo Video to support the Rugby World Cup Fanzones
Skills in strategy, branding, design, copywriting, video production, email marketing and social community management were all used.
Keep Your Boots On!, is an established England Rugby brand with a community of supporters that continues to grow.
- 4,000 + visitors to the KYBO! Tents at Stadium Fanzones
- 2,000 + sign-up to receive eMail Tips
- 2,800 + Twitter Followers and up to 35,000 impressions a month
- 3,300 + Likes on Facebook with video content reaching up to 20,000 a posting
- 80 + micro-videos featuring course insights from grassroots players, coaching and refereeing tips as well as motivational words of wisdom from leading coaches and referees.
Increased awareness of KYBO! has led to an increase in RFU course registrations as well as the chance to make the community aware of other relevant initiatives.
Pélissier provides on-going advice as well as video content.